The transmission is a major and one of the most important components of your truck. You should take regular care of it as much as you do with your brakes or steering components.
The best way to ensure quality commercial truck transmission repair service is to engage the service of a professional mechanic. Below are several reasons why:
The first and best advantage you will get for hiring a professional truck transmission repair specialist is their skills and expertise of the job. The transmission is one of the most complex components of vehicles. Acquiring transmission repair skills requires training and years of practice. Engaging the service of professionals is the best way to ensure a quality transmission repair project.
One of the best and probably the most sought-after element of engaging with a professional truck transmission replacement or repair mechanic is guaranteed quality work. One thing that makes professionals different from inferior mechanics is in their workmanship protocols and processes to ensure the job is completed properly; and they will stand behind their work for a stated period of time.
Reliability and Speed
With professionals working on your project, you can be sure that they can be left on their own to do the job. With the need to supervise and oversee the work eliminated, you will have all the time to focus on your business. Their skills allow them to finish their work in less time to make your truck available for your business in the shortest time possible.
There are plenty of professional mechanics in the trucking industry. You only need to identify one you can trust with your transmission repair job. Here are the most important factors you should to consider when looking for a professional transmission repair mechanic. They are also the best reasons why you need to hire one:
Ratings, Reviews and References
Favourable reviews, good ratings and references from satisfied customers or friends are one of the best ways for choosing a professional service provider. A shop may have highly skilled and experienced mechanics, but if it’s not able to satisfy customers on other aspects such as attitude, honesty and repair time, it will certainly get poor reviews and zero referrals. Look for a service provider willing to listen to your questions, and answer those questions in a clear and concise fashion.
A competent commercial truck transmission repair service should be confident in their workmanship, and they show it by covering their work with warranty.
Even if you know some of the most important things involved in truck transmission repair, you should strive to keep the transmission in good shape to avoid unwanted repairs and downtime. With that said, here are the dos and don’ts of maintaining your transmission.
- Check transmission fluid level and color regularly. If the level is low or its color has changed to murky dark red, consider changing your ATF.
- Check malfunctions at once. Familiarize yourself with the warning signs and have your truck checked when those indicators appear.
- If your truck is frequently used during hot weather, install a transmission cooler
- Don’t play “transmission technician”. Leave the job to professionals.
- Avoid sudden, heavy acceleration from a dead stop. It may break your engine mounts which can be harmful to your transmission.
- Don’t spin your wheels in the snow or sand; it can cause damage to your transmission.
- Never leave your truck in Park (P) without engaging your parking brake.
- Avoid shifting into a lower gear as a regular substitute for braking. It can cause wear on your transmission
These few recommendations can help keep your truck’s transmission in good shape. Again, your transmission is a costly, complex assembly of delicate components. You should entrust it only to trustworthy professional truck transmission repair specialists for routine maintenance.
Contact Truck N Trailer in OKC for all your truck service, sales, and repair needs at (405) 912-5800.